When I first took on the responsibility for the blog, I never imagined how fun it would be. Also I didn’t realize that I would be privileged to reach everyone with what I wanted to say.
Last night during our story time I went first. I tried to keep it to facts and to just one thing, because I didn’t want to cry and also wanted to keep it short. During this trip God answered a prayer I have had for 20 years! So I shared that only.
But there were things I wanted to say to each one, as each person on the team touched my heart one way or another. I also wanted to say how much I loved being able to connect with the moms at the schools and ask them about their lives. Adelita and Silvia kept telling us that it was about showing love, and I think those moms felt loved by everything we did for them and their kids.
As we are about to board our plane, I want to share a bit about each person and their impact in my life. You can go directly to your name if you don’t want to read it all, I do know my posts tend to be long (I tried to do it alphabetically).
- Chris: Your heart is so kind and you’re so much fun. Loved it when you fist-bumped me after I told you “you should have done it right the first time then” haha. You are awesome!
- Craig: I’m glad you opened your heart to us after Fay’s question that night. It helped me understand you and now I appreciate your ministry at Southview Kids even more.
- Don: You asked me the other day “How come I never met you before?” and I kept thinking, how come I haven’t met YOU before?. I feel so honored to have shared a trip with you. And I absolutely love when you speak Spanish, because you do sound like us when you do. Thank you for your stories, seeing your energy is so inspiring!
- Doug: Your love for Fay is one the most beautiful things I saw on this trip. The way you look at her, the way you care for her and support her. I’m privileged to have gotten to know both of you.
- Fay: You’re so special to me now. I LOVED working with you with the balloons. The way you take it so seriously and are so organized and so passionate about the kids was so inspiring to me. Thank you for also sharing those lovely stories about your grandkids. You are amazing, I have so much respect and love for you.
- Karisha: Your love and heart for the kids is so pure. You always smiled at them even when you didn’t understand what they were telling you. I don’t think we’ll ever forget what you did for that kid, thank you.
- Kyle: I’m going to miss your “Sí”. It will forever be part of the memories of this trip. Thank you for what you do, for taking care of us, for leading us through this time. It was magical seeing your love for the kids as you handed out the boxes, the look in your eyes. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you and your family even more (and to practice more Spanish with you).
- Janice: You are so much fun and I loved seeing you try Spanish every single day. Your passion for the kids, your big smile as you were talking to them and their moms. I also loved getting to know you better and what you do for work.
- Mary E: I will forever thank you for giving me the opportunity to hug Southview brothers and sisters. Those hugs were so genuine and filled with the love of God. You are so beautiful and I loved getting to know more about you and your beautiful family.
- Mike: God used you to confirm that Kairos moment I had at church, an answer to a 20-years long prayer. Sorry if I gave you a hard time before coming with all my logistics-related questions. You did an amazing job at preparing us and you focused on what was really important: our spirits, our minds, our hearts. I am looking forward to learning more from you and how God will continue to use you to bless my life.
- Ricardo: You know this already because I know people have told you how great it was seeing you at work! The way you looked at each kid as if it was your own. I can’t think of a day when I didn’t see you lifting boxes, and you were always there in the front as the gospel was being shared with the kids. Your heart is so loving and I’m happy you are part of our Southview family.
- Sheila: It was great sharing our stories with you, thank you for listening and being interested in getting to know me and Jesus better. I loved seeing you always so pretty everywhere we went in the middle of the heat and humidity. I’m looking forward to the Saskatoon berries 😉
- Sheri: Your eyes are so beautiful, and your smile always brightened my days. I loved getting to know you and about your lifetime friendship with Mary E. I also enjoyed so much seeing you and Don with that girl and how happy she was. You poured out your kindness and your heart at every person. I hope I can share more with you in the future.
- Tara: I was looking forward to sharing more with you after we went together to the OOC warehouse to do the Shoeboxes. Thank you for sharing with me the pictures of your cute cat and your beautiful family. And huge thanks for that shoulder massage that basically saved my life that day!
- Warren: I never thought you were so much fun! I had seen you at church of course, but never had the chance to really share with you and I’m glad I did now. I hope we get more chances to share our life stories together!
- Jesus: I saved my favorite for last: I’m so proud of you and I love you more than words can describe. Thank you for the words and encouragement you shared with us everyday. Thank you for believing in me, for supporting me. You are the best life partner I could have ever had! I’m looking forward to all the adventures God has for us in the years to come.
To the Moviendo Esperanzas team: THANK YOU!!!
Adelita: Tiny but Mighty. That’s what it comes to my mind when I think of you. You’re so bubbly and your laugh is so contagious. But above all, your passion for the Lord and for the people is so inspiring. Thank you for taking such good care of us. Tell Fabio that I have seen him just twice in my life and I feel like I have known him for a long time. I wish he could have stayed with us more time.
Silvia: Thank you so much to you and Fernando for being so nice, for taking care of us. Thank you for being so organized and for making sure everything went smoothly. You are incredible!
Thank you Anabel for being with us and for taking care of us with the drinks and the ministries. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I admire the work you do in your ministry. I hope one day I can come back and serve with you on that.